Monday, July 02, 2007

I hate phony blogs. Phony writing. Phony anything for that matter. But that don't include sequels. As long as they're creative that is. Creativity makes the world go hyperbolic, not round.

I hate blogs written with a tone of superiority; as if the author (Who creates a blog anyway?Is it an author, a writer or a blogger? I'm new to this thing.) just discovered the panacea to all ills and is, at a great inconvenience, proceeding to share the truths to great recondite questions from his esoteric knowledge with us. That just screams "Oooh, look at me, I'm a phony!" to me.

I mean, when you say my handwriting's egregious, it best be because you think egregious, not because you looked in the thesaurus under the entry 'bad'.

The irritatingly observant may notice the first entry in this blog coming nearly two years after it was created. Well I only created it then because 'Blog' made it to the most searched word on the net, and I didn't want to be left behind. But after I read some of the other compost that got bandied about online, it took me this long to recover and finally gain composure enough to post one.

Strictly for those who care, and for those interested among those who don't.

8 comments:

VK said...

Hmmm... interesting.. where are we getting anyway?? :)

Anonymous said...

I care. I'll be coming back for more. You'll write, won't you?

Logik said...

It's really interesting that many novice bloggers start out by cursing other bloggers, their writing styles, and phony blogging in general. I did it once, and ur doing it now..
Soon you might become one of them...From a Stodgically whimsical state to one that of being totally putrid...[ the compost that u refer to].
So best of luck in your endeavour....

Anonymous said...

I guess, I come under the "those interested for those who don't" banner. Brilliant writing. Look forward to read more.

D said...

Ha ha. What a condy blog! Defeats the whole purpose of your having started it, dunn it? It seemed holier-than-thou to me.
Ah but havin' said that, write more. I'd sure enjoy droppin' by sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hell! I am pretty damn sure the 2 anonymous posts above are Sidsam's.
Better luck. Sid.
I don't blog, but you can bet on it that you'll see comments longer than your blog post if they are factually inconsistent(you can ask vk, to know what i mean :) or plain boring after all the anti-phony talk. Peace.

Siddhartha Sampath said...

No Peace; Identify yourself, Sir, so we may judge you for what you said.

Anonymous said...

good goin bro. keep it coming. very intense i say!
-mango
(doosron ka itna kyun khada ho raha hai?? :) )